Apply Online at: https://www.applitrack.com/haysusd489/onlineapp/
- $12.06/hr, 9 month position, Mon-Fri on days when school is in session
- 3 Paid Holidays
- Full Time with Benefit Package
FULL TIME Positions offer Tremendous Benefit Package, including:
- Full District Paid Single Medical and Dental Coverage
- Free Annual Eye Exams included with Medical Coverage
- Ancillary and Voluntary offerings include Vision Materials Coverage
- District Paid Basic LIfe Insurance, Voluntary Life
- Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Identify Theft Insurance
- Flexible Spending options for Medical Expenses and Dependent Day Care
- District contribution to Health Saving Account
- District contribution to 403b retirement plan in addition to KPERS - State of Kansas Retirement Program
- Paid Time Off
- Seasonal Breaks, Weekends, Holidays Off
Job Title: Nutrition Services – Assistant Cook
Number of Work Hours: 6.5 Hours per day, school days only
Job Definition: Assist in food preparation, serving & clean up.
- Assist in preparation of breakfast and lunch.
- Help set up the choice line.
- During serving time, help as server, runner or have duties in dishwashing area, including pot and pan washing, and dish machine duties.
- Help with putting away of food and general cleaning of kitchen.
- Full time positions may include calculating recipes, leading departments such as baking, main dish, or fruits & vegetables.
- Other duties as assigned by kitchen manager or director.
1. Must be able to read and write English.
2. Must be able to do simple arithmetic.
3. Must be able to follow oral and written direction.
4. Must have the capacity to grasp and adjust to new and changing situations.
5. Manual dexterity and ability to work under pressure are desirable.
6. Ability to lift objects of 25 pounds.
7. Must be neat in appearance, clean, have good personal hygiene habits.
8. Must wear appropriate clothing, hairnet and comfortable appropriate shoes.
9. A health certificate is required stating healthy status and TB test or chest x-ray.
Tools and Equipment
2. Holding equipment, stove, oven, steamer
3. Portion control equipment
4. Choice bar
5. Refrigeration equipment.
- Number of hours and days are specified in work agreement. Monday through Friday; except for school holidays. Exceptions are stated in school calendar.
- Nine month per year.
- Kitchen is well lighted, ventilated and comfortable.
- Much standing on feet required and some lifting.
1. Responsible to Base/Satellite Manager.
1. High School Diploma or GED preferred.
2. References required.
Term of Employment
1. At Will
1. Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with USD #489 Board of Education