HR Specialist - Full-Time/Temporary
Midwest Energy, Inc. is seeking a Full-Time/Temporary HR Specialist
Temporary, 3-Year Assignment
Job Summary (Overall Purpose of the Position)
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for administrative functions in the Human Resources department. The Assistant will support Benefits and Payroll Administrators to ensure accurate benefits elections and withholds as well as complete bi-weekly payroll processing. The Assist will also be responsible for accurately entering data in the Human Resources Information System, responding to employee inquiries, and supporting and assisting the Human Resources personnel in meeting the needs of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in the handling of reports, correspondence, privileged discussions, and sensitive material.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish good working relationships while communicating with all levels of employees through clear verbal and/or written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to compose spreadsheets, reports, and correspondence.
- Demonstrated relevant and current skills in office software, information systems, database systems and technology applications.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to notice irregularities in information, and capable of communicating effectively to all levels of employees and executive staff as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate projects, be self-directed, and present new ideas and methods to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Valid Kansas driver’s license.
Job Duties – Responsibilities – Tasks
- Assists Payroll Administrator in processing payroll information including reviewing time sheet data for accuracy and completeness and reconciling payroll deductions to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain apprentice hours record for upgrade and distribute to appropriate supervisors.
- Maintains time entry, benefit and payroll processing procedures.
- Makes authorized changes to Human Resources Information System to comply with company policies, contracts and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares employee orientation packet.
- Prepares and mails monthly insurance premium statements to retirees. Balances account on a monthly basis and follows up on non-payments.
- Promotes safe working habits and enforce all safety rules and regulations of Midwest Energy, Inc. Leads by example in safety compliance and takes corrective action on safety violations, defective equipment, and any other practice that may adversely affect a safe working environment.
- Develops and maintains internal and external working relationships for maximum effectiveness in serving Midwest Energy customers and communities. Ensures communication and exchanges of information as to present a positive corporate image, both internally and externally. Keeps management informed of issues that might impact the work environment.
- Sets up, maintains, and audits personnel records ensuring timely and accurate records and appropriate documentation is contained herein.
- Maintains confidentiality in the handling of payroll, reports and correspondence and in the discussions of confidential matters, and sensitive material.
- Gathers and distributes incoming and outgoing mail throughout the day.
- Types correspondence, spreadsheets, reports, as requested by HR personnel.
- Provides customer service, both in-person and by telephone; screens and directs telephone calls; takes and relays messages; answers general HR questions from employees and the general public.
- Conducts applicable background checks, performs annual driver’s license check, and assists with data entry.
- Scans/records termination process, employee memos, disciplinary documentation, etc.
- Assists with company functions and coordinates facility, meal and refreshment arrangements for meetings as requested.
- Performs a variety of general office support duties; makes copies; scans documents in HR software system, maintains calendar of activities, meetings, and various events for assigned staff; and notarizes business documents.
- Prepares and distributes manning document on a quarterly basis.
- Assists HR department personnel and other departments as needed.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education with a focus in public relations, business, or Human Resources. A combination of work experience and education may substitute for the education requirement.
- One year professional-level experience (with an emphasis in customer service, public relations, human resources, or administrative support) preferred.
- Intermediate working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced level of knowledge in Excel preferred.
Posting Close Date: March 20, 2023
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, visit the link below:
Or visit our website at: www.mwenergy.com/careers